In this episode, Jessie and Angela focus on setting realistic goals for balance. The discussion emphasizes the importance of setting goals that are not only ambitious but also achievable and relevant to individual circumstances. They introduce their “Balance Journal,” which is designed to aid in setting balanced goals. The journal incorporates what they call the “5 P’s of Balance”: Prioritize, Plan, Protect, Persist, and Ponder.
This week, Jessie and Angela discuss multitasking and how on the surface it seems like a good idea, but underneath it actually leads to decreased productivity, larger chance for errors, and burnout. Angela suggests time-blocking and scheduled message-checking, while Jessie recommends the Eisenhower Matrix for task prioritization. Both warn against overcommitting, as it leads to stress and inefficiency. They also discuss “admin time” and turning off notifications to maintain focus. The episode concludes with a conversation on mindfulness, advocating for “practical woo” techniques to improve focus.
This week, Jessie and Angela chat about the unfortunate time Jessie fell for a scam and why scammers can be so convincing. Scammers possess a deep understanding of human psychology, enabling them to manipulate emotions like fear, greed, and compassion. They prepare thoroughly, often using genuine-looking materials and rehearsed scripts. Their tactics include impersonating authority figures and creating a false sense of urgency to bypass rational thinking. Modern technology further amplifies their reach and sophistication, allowing them to target vulnerable populations globally. To counteract scams, awareness, skepticism, and information-sharing are essential.
In this episode, Jessie and Angela delve into the challenging yet essential aspects of understanding when it’s time to shift gears and let go. They champion the concept that giving up can often be a strategic move rather than a defeat, reframing it as an act of bravery that’s necessary to achieve greater success. They explore the signs that indicate a need for change, such as consistent lack of progress, the cost outweighing the benefits, or a detrimental impact on well-being. Emphasizing the importance of aligning personal values with one’s pursuits, Jessie and Angela underscore the strength in recognizing and responding to the need for change, and how this strategic redirection can often be the key to unlocking new pathways to success.
In this episode of the Marketing Moms podcast, Angela and Jessie discuss the idea of ‘moving from your vision, not toward it,’ something Jessie recently heard during the filming of the Get Your Revenge Body Challenge. They explore how this concept applies to a range of situations, from adopting healthier lifestyles to starting businesses. Jessie shares her experiences in embodying her roles, such as being a watercolor artist or a business owner, regardless of her skill level or business size. The hosts also discuss the importance of acting as if you are already in the role you aspire to, a concept supported by the book “Anti-Time Management” by Richie Norton. In addition, the hosts emphasize the importance of having a supportive network when striving to achieve your goals, and the need to fully commit without a backup plan to ensure success. They conclude by reiterating that your worth and ability aren’t dependent on reaching a certain milestone but rather on embracing and embodying your vision from the onset.
In this episode, Jessie and Angela discuss the misconception of partnerships being a fifty-fifty effort. They explore the idea that in any form of partnership—marital, professional, or parental—energy investment, kindness, and patience aren’t always evenly distributed. One party might only be able to contribute 20% some days, which necessitates the other to cover the remaining 80%. They recognize the importance of open communication to quantify where each partner stands in their capacity to contribute. This honesty allows both parties to adjust their expectations and strategies accordingly. Moreover, they note that this understanding could be applied to various relationships, including those with children, who have varying energy levels and capacities. They conclude by challenging listeners to consider this concept in their own relationships and observe any changes in attitudes and dynamics.